The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), part of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) was formed in the year 2001. The vision of the council is to usher in a green building movement in India and facilitate India to become one of the global leaders in green buildings by 2010.
A green building is one which uses less energy, water and natural resources, creates less waste and is healthier for the people living inside compared to a standard building.
- Energy saving to the extent of 30 - 40 % right from day one
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Higher productivity of occupants
- Potable watersaving to the tune of 20% - 30%
- Enhanced day light & Ventilation
Hiranandani BG House Mumbai - LEED Platinum
Turbo Energy Limited, Chennai (LEED-Platinum)
Patni Knowledge Centre Noida(LEED-Platinum)
IGP Office Complex, Gulbarga(LEED-Gold)
- IGBC-Green Home Certification Services: Certification of residential buildings which include individual homes, gated communities and high rise residential buildings
- IGBC-Green Factory Building Certification Services: Certification of existing and upcoming industrial buildings across all the sectors
- LEED-India Certification Services: Certification of commercial and institutional green buildings registered under LEED-India
- Indian Green Building Council Accredited Professional Examination: The Exam is a credential for professionals to participate in green building projects
- Green Building Training Programme: Training programme covering green building concepts, approaches and case studies
- Green Building Congress: Annual event hosting international conference on green buildings, exhibition, missions and training programmes
- Green Building Missions: Missions to various certified green buildings in India and abroad for awareness on the latest green building trends
- IGBC Membership: Membership is open to architectural firms, consultancy organisations, manufactures, developers & builders, nodal agencies and institutions. Members take part in committee and chapter activities
Directory on Green Building Material & Service Providers: The Directory aims to serve as a single point reference on major aspects related to green equipment/ materials/ technologies. Companies can send their details to CII- Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre and get listed in the Directory.
For more details on green building, Please visit www.igbc.in
For further details contact :